John T. Edge (food writer) came to our class for a Q&A session. He was great. He talked about pig lips, performance artists, and how the best tamales are in Mississippi.
Went to the mall and bought bubble tea (gross) and a lot of records (not gross). Got back to the dorm to listen to them and my player didn't work.
Woke up at six for the ACT. My least favorite genre of person sat behind me. I'm not usually one to stereotype, but I'm certain there's at least one of this kid at every high school. You know, the ones who know all the words to every Lamb of God song and the Kingdom Hearts theme song (the second one in English and Japanese, of course).
They also look like this:
After that there was prom. A circus-themed prom. It was actually not too bad. Nothing like a regular high school prom, mostly because of the following
- Everyone had to ride to the hotel on a school bus
- There was a kissing booth
- The toast brought nearly everyone to tears
- The D.J. was good
- A newly-wed couple crashed the prom by sharing their first dance with us. They later proceeded to use our photo backdrop and photographers to take wedding photos.
- The waitstaff spiked some of the sherbet and gave it to the kids who weren't dancing. I missed out on the sherbet.
- There were boxes of sushi and Mellow Mushroom pizza and an after party and waiting for us when we got back on campus.
My group also looked nice.
All in all; No sherbet. No sleep. I'm still exhausted. Six weeks left of school.